sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage as general purpose installer

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage as general purpose installer
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:05:35 -0500

Anyone can make their own grimoire, and anyone can add it with scribe.
The only thing special about games, test, stable, and z-rejected
grimoires is that being officialy supported, if you don't specify a URL,
it'll use a default.

It would be possible to modify sorcery to install stuff to a users
directory, currently most paths are set in /etc/sorcery/config. If the
install path and stuff were set to $HOME, and the su - was removed from
the tools, it would be quite possible. It's possible, and certainly
worth a try. Unfortunatly, the sorcery team has many bugs and most
members are neck deep in RL :/ However, we happily accept patches, so
if anyone gets the itch :)