sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cannot allocate pty problem with 2.6.1

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: elaine <elaine AT fwsystems.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cannot allocate pty problem with 2.6.1
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:59:41 -0500

devfs has been obsoleted in 2.6, and while it's still there it no longer
provides PTY's so you need to both include /dev/pts file system in the
kernel and

devpts /dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0

in /etc/fstab

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:47:39 -0600 (unchecked - local sync NTPstrat4)
David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org> did inscribe thusly: