sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] nforce2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] nforce2
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:25:06 -0800

Quoting Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>:
> I'm thinking of buying a Shuttle SN45G with the NVIDIA nforce2 ultra 400
> chipset. Anyone have one of these running under linux? I'm curious as
> to if it's works (and the nforce2 chip) alright on linux under both
> 2.4.x and 2.6.x.
>
> Jeremy

I have an nForce2 board, and it works, just not completely. 2.4 is fine with
nForce2, but if you want to use 2.6, you'll need to compile out ACPI
completely
(may have to do that for 2.4 as well, I don't remember, haven't used 2.4 in a
while on that box ;)). There are drivers for the built-in sound card and
network card (NVIDIA_nforce, I believe), but I stuck my own in. I believe the
2.6 kernel has a GPL'd driver for the network card.

I had trouble getting the USB to work in 2.4 and early 2.6, but after
2.6.0-test11 everything started clearing up.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61