sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Problem with time on bootup

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Robin Sheat <robin AT kallisti.net.nz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Problem with time on bootup
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:38:53 -0600 (CST)

I had this problem as well and with the help of #sourcemage tracked it
down to the hwclock.sh init script needing NEEDS="+local_fs" when the
real time clock driver is built as a module. The fix was pushed into
all grimoires, so re-casting util-linux should fix it for ya.

This has actually been happening for a while, but I never bothered to sit
down and figure it out until last week.

Now I'm experiencing some un-related time issues on another machine! The
system and hardware clocks match and are correctly showing localtime
(hwclock stored in UTC), but fcron jobs show the time being adjusted for
localtime a second time, so they are off.

-casey