sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Home Directory Continually Refreshing in Konqueror

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Alan Ross <alan AT rebeluk.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Home Directory Continually Refreshing in Konqueror
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:48:03 +0000

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 6:36 pm, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Alan Ross <alan AT rebeluk.com>:
> > The text displays correctly. The only problem is that the window is
> > continually refreshing its contents. Possible related - A quick look in
> > top shows that fam sitting at > 80% cpu usage.
> >
> > Alan
>
> I've heard of some problems with FAM and system resources/goofiness, may
> want to try disabling that.
>
> -sandalle

I have dispelled fam and recast kdelibs without fam support. Following this I
required to cast all other kde spells to get a working kde again. Thankfully
this has solved the problem. The home directory no longer continually
refreshes and my system is more responsive.

I could find no reference to this problem on the web (I only did a quick
google search) and am wondering if the problem is with the sourcemage fam
setup.

Alan

--
Alan Ross <alan AT rebeluk.com>