sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] pcmcia network

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] pcmcia network
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:37:59 -0700

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 05:20:42PM +1300, Duane Malcolm wrote:
> I tried this the other day but put 'PROVIDES=pcmcia' in the pcmcia
> script, do I need to do this, it didn't work.
>
> Or does 'NEEDS' look in the runlevels.
>
> I'll play around since I'm on the right track.

NEEDS can be space-delimited list of needs.

+ in front (like +remote_fs) specifies a "provides" (facility, is our term)
without the +, it is just a regular script.

provides are set in the script, but they get added to
/etc/sysconfig/facilities as appropriately on script install during
cast.

I would just stick without using provides to be easier on yourself.

And yeah, I didn't actually read the rest of the message before, but
when you specify a NEEDS="pcmcia" when the script gets run, if pcmcia is
not already running it will start it and block before continuing on
until pcmcmia is done loading then, network will get run (if that's what
you set NEEDS="pcmcia" in and network got run before pcmcia was run).
If pcmcia is already loaded by the time network runs anyways, it will
return immediately instead of blocking.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Seth

--
Seth Alan Woolley <seth at positivism.org>, SPAM/UCE is unauthorized
Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A