sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Apache 2 Default Configuration

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Apache 2 Default Configuration
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:46:43 -0700

Quoting Alan Ross <alan AT rebeluk.com>:
> I attempted to cast apache2 with the default configuration. However, the
> default configuration does not provide all the modules required by the
> default /etc/httpd/httpd.conf.
>
> I had to set the following options to y.
> Host-based access control
> Logging configuration
> Map file-extension to MIME
> Base ENV vars on headers
> Content negotiation
> Directory request handling
> Map user requests
> Translate requests (aliases)
>
> I think that it would be a good idea to have these options to default to y
> as
>
> it is important that spells work out-of-the-box with the default
> configuration. Unless of course these options were intentionally left off
> for
>
> some other reason I am unaware off.
>
> Alan

That is a very good point. The options are only set to off because we chose
have everything off and make the user enable what they want, but by default
they should have a working package. ;)

Please submit a bug report for this so the HTTP guru can track/work on this.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61