sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.7-pre2 is out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.7-pre2 is out
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:47:59 -0700

Quoting Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>:
> Howdy,
>
> I am sorry, I have problems with installation. :-((
> After moving files to partition and after optimalisation and ...
> I am not able to run lilo, lilo.conf is O.K., but after I save it I only get
> message:
> "Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory ... The kernel
> was compiled with
> DEVFS_FS, but 'devfs=mount' was omitted ..."
>
> When I tried boot "dafault devfs=mount" the result was the same. I am not
> able to run lilo.

I also had that error, but LILO still installs, it's just telling you that
things are not what they seem, just in case it doesn't work. Make sure you
changed 'part1' to 'disc' for root=, if you want it to replace your
bootloader.

BTW, nice ISO. Installed fine on my machine without any problems.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61