sm-discuss - Re: [smgl] [SM-Discuss] Init upgrade

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [smgl] [SM-Discuss] Init upgrade
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 06:27:19 -0500 (CDT)

Like most others, my conversion was fairly smoothly, just a little
tweaking here and there. One thing I think should be fixed in one place or
another, is that /etc/init.d/smgl_functions::print_status() uses logger to
send stuff to syslog. logger is installed to /usr/bin by default. I have
/usr as a separate partition, so logger isn't available until the
partition is mounted. This results in a few 'logger: command not found'
errors up until /usr gets mounted. Two things could be done (and both
would probably be even better):

1) modify util-linux spell to install logger to /bin instead of /usr/bin
2) modify smgl_functions to check if logger exists before using it

Haven't found any big issues, so I'll jump on the bandwagon and give a pat
on the back to all those involved too!

-casey