sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.4.6-test2 kernel

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.4.6-test2 kernel
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:09:03 -0500

Not sure what was needed. But had to make all the modules that I know my
system needed built into the kernel to get it to boot without blanking
the screen.

Has anyone gotten the 2.6.0 test kernel to work with the new init
system? And if so what did you have to change to get past these errors?

modprobe: FATAL: Module shm not found
fs type shm not supported by kernel
Error setting event mask Device or resource busy

I do have the "Virtual memory files system support (former shm fs)"
turned on in the kernel configure.

CuZnDragon
Robin COok