sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire] Re: bug in flash-6.0r79 spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Belxjander <Belxjander AT 202-0-42-165.paradise.net.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire] Re: bug in flash-6.0r79 spell
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:23:19 +1200

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:24, Geoffrey Derber wrote:
> Eric Womack wrote:
> > OK, I have tested some things on 3 seperate machines and I have decided
> > not to include this patch.
> >
> > However
> >
> > The reason that I don't want to include it is that the changes can be
> > done live 'on-the-fly' with a few changes to the flash spell. Here are
> > the changes that need to be done:
> >
> > 1. Fix the BUILD so that the cp commands end in / to fix that problem.
>
> Done
>
> > 2. In each subsection, have a mkdir command specific to the system OR
> > what about a universal one (say /usr/lib/browserplugins/ ) ?
>
> Shouldn't the spell for each individual browser create those
> directories? I know mozilla, netscape and opera do, for kdebase because
> we are modifying the location, can we have kdebase create that directory
> so other plugins can use it as well (not just flash) and if other
> plugins use it and they all try creating the directory, things could get
> messy, I think it'd be better to have the browser spells create those
> directories.

what about having the browser spells AND the plugin spells check first?
and only attempt to mkdir when the dir is not present? that is simple enough
is it not ?

> > 3. Finish the BUILD with a:
> >
> > ln -sf /usr/lib/libstdc++.so /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
> >
> > This line is needed in order to make the flash plugin (which was built
> > for RedHat 6.2) work with our source-based distro.***

same goes for this too right ? if not exists then makelink ?

some way we can put a simple library function somewhere for all the
spells to call and use ?

? /var/lib/sorcery/spellbook/compatability.sh ?

just thoughts... as that is how I would impliment this change...