sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery improvement

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery improvement
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:01:46 -0700

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:56:20PM -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> Sounds like a great idea! Have you thought of possible problems with
> this approach?

i think the basic approach is to run a diff between the old install log
and the new one, and anything in the old one that isnt in the new one
gets tossed out.

you'd still need a prepare install of sorts to turn on installwatch,
and you'd need to probably add something after cast to clean things up.

however, the glibc spell doesnt know about /etc/ld.so.cache to my
knowledge, but it would probably fix the problems we had with it
installing anyway. hopefully. Although we've tried a number of things
many of which didnt work.