sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Not getting any list mail

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Not getting any list mail
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:48:40 -0500

It's a free e-mail server, one of the several working under the umbrella of www.hotbox.ru (highly recommended BTW, 20 MB mailbox IMAP-accessible is a rare freebie), located in Russian Federation. If you think about it, ibiblio is /accepting/ my messages into the list, but not sending anything back, so I don't think my SMTP host (smtp.hotbox.ru) is rejecting stuff. I tried to see if my subscription is accidentally put into "silent" mode after their upgrade, but Mailman just doesn't send anything. I'll try to contact Hotbox, but my attempts in the past showed that it's an unmanned spaceship ;-). Thanks!

Eric Sandall wrote:

Perhaps it is not ibiblio's problem, as the rest of us are receiving fine.
Is your MTA, perhaps, rejecting all mails from ibiblio? Do you have spam
filters which throw out mail from ibiblio? May want to check these things
before we bug ibiblio.

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle