sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] NVIDIA driver bug?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Piero Ottuzzi" <ottuzzi AT libero.it>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] NVIDIA driver bug?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:53:44 +0100

Hi there,

I have an NVIDIA card and I installed lastest driver (41.??); as a side note
I have KDE 3.0 installed on my system.

The drivers went fine until yesterday when in Konqueror I highlighted a
string to copy and paste in console and the system freezed.
I rebooted, I re-did the same thing and the system freezed again.

The solution was to set RenderAccel "false" in XF86Config.
Now the system is working fine and I can copy&paste from Konqueror to Konsole.

Can anyone confirm this?

Bye
Apiero

  • [SM-Discuss] NVIDIA driver bug?, Piero Ottuzzi, 03/03/2003