sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] nVidia 4191 drivers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] nVidia 4191 drivers
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:13:02 -0500

No source version's messed up too. it takes me about 45 seconds to start x now.

Jeremy

Eric Sandall wrote:

Hi all,

Just a heads up to let nVidia users out there know that there appear to
be a few issues with the new version of driver. Apologies if you know
this already but if you are experiencing problems then I suggest
downgrading to v3123 until such time as fixed drivers come out.

More information can be found at:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

-Foxy

Thanks for the news. ;) Though, from what I've read, it's only the RPMs
which are giving problems, people whom install via source are saying it's
wonderful! (well, the 3d part, some are saying that 2d has slowed down,
also note that the driver is now 1.7Mb, 50% larger than the prior
version).

If I have time, I'll test it on my Athlon-Tbird/GeForce2. Can others test?

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle