sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] explicit agreement to update a huge spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT go-nix.ca>
  • Cc: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] explicit agreement to update a huge spell
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:36:25 -0500

...and building software can always be done by doing "./configure; make; make install". But the less code is in spells, the better. And the flag is much less obscure than the code, although I do agree that no grimoire guru knows all the flags that sorcery supports. Having flags in the spells instead of for example list of "Solo" spells, brings responsibility back where it belongs: sorcery handles flagged spells differently, gurus add flags as required by the spell nature.

Dufflebunk wrote:

This can be done easily within a spell by adding a query and a check inside
the BUILD script.
if ! query "You're going to break stuff... ok?" "n" ; then exit 1; fi
Or something like that. I always get the query return value backwards.