sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] pango

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: Sourcemage Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] pango
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:27:05 -0600

Not until everyone goes to Xft2. Pango 1.1.x - 1.2.0 fails without it
but Pango 1.0.5 fails if Xft2 is installed.

CuZnDragon

Treeve Jelbert wrote:
with the new pango spell, which uses VERSION=$PREPARE_VERSION
in the DETAILS file, every time that I do a 'sorcery upgrade' it recasts pango, even though I have the same version installed.

I assume that this is because sorcery evaluates VERSION = '', which is not the same as '1.2.0'

Is there any way to avoid this?

Would it help to move the code from PREPARE to DETAILS?