sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Trouble downloading gcc-3.2.1

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Trouble downloading gcc-3.2.1
  • Date: 03 Dec 2002 13:04:06 -0500

This is funkyness w/ the sorcery scripts. The spell is likely fine. IIRC
I added an option for wget so that it would dereference those links
(goes and double checks that it's there) although the man page is a
little confusing on this switch. If anyone is able to translate, feel
free:
--retr-symlinks
Usually, when retrieving FTP directories recursively and a symbolic
link is encountered, the linked-to file is not downloaded.
Instead, a matching symbolic link is created on the local filesys-
tem. The pointed-to file will not be downloaded unless this recur-
sive retrieval would have encountered it separately and downloaded
it anyway.
When --retr-symlinks is specified, however, symbolic links are tra-
versed and the pointed-to files are retrieved. At this time, this
option does not cause Wget to traverse symlinks to directories and
recurse through them, but in the future it should be enhanced to do
this.
Note that when retrieving a file (not a directory) because it was
specified on the commandline, rather than because it was recursed
to, this option has no effect. Symbolic links are always traversed
in this case.