sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Compiling xfree86 with gcc2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Macolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Compiling xfree86 with gcc2
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:45:42 +1300

So there should be no problem if I set my architecture to i686 for all compilations. I guess what I am asking is is there any advantage setting the achitecture to pentiumIV over i686 and if so is it worth the hassel?

I may try this out with a fresh install on another partition.

Cheers for that tip.

Duane

Eric Sandall wrote:

Eric Sandall said:

Hi all

Just a note: On a clean install of SMGL (20020313, updated to devel
grimoire and devel sorcery), xfree86 fails to compile with the mipmap
error reported earlier (Speedy + Combreloc on a Pentium IV). I will
later be trying with lower optimizations (Combreloc + Pentium IV) and
lower architecture (i686).

Worked on the Pentium IV if I chose my architecture as (i686) and kept
Speedy + Combreloc on. So there is something about the pentium4
optimization and xfree86 which breaks it.

Ideas?

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle