sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cross Compiling gcc

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: spencero AT mail.utexas.edu
  • Cc: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cross Compiling gcc
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:39:23 +0100

Hi

SO> Is it possible to install a version of gcc which can cross compile
SO> to say MIPS within the framework of sourcemage? Of do I have to
SO> download it on my own and compile it?

Theoretically yes, but you won't end up having fun if your freshly
compiled mips glibc is installed under /usr...

There is no installation prefix option in sorcery IIRC, and many
spells which don't use the default build procedure have /usr hardcoded
anyway.

Furthermore, optimization flags, configure options, and other stuff is
likely to get in your way.

Julian