sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Using chroot to cast and rebuild

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tim Squires <sourcemage AT cheekymail.net>
  • To: SourceMage Discussion List <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Using chroot to cast and rebuild
  • Date: 25 Sep 2002 07:46:39 +0100

Hello again,

I use my desktop all day to for Java development. I've install a couple
of other computers with SM and would like it on my main machine.
There's a spare ext3 partition of 20G's which now has Source Mage
installed.

Can anyone see a problem with booting into my usual RH7.3 and running
cast and sorcery commands chrooted to the Source Mage partition?

e.g.

mount /dev/hda5 /mnt
chroot /mnt /bin/bash
sorcery rebuild

It seems to be churning away quite happily in the background as I
continue programming. Just waiting for the rebuild to do something
err... interesting to my stable (read boring) RedHat installation.

Ta,
Tim.