sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] printer config

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <Sorcerer AT TheDragonsEdge.com>
  • To: alvaro <aepaz AT entelchile.net>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] printer config
  • Date: 03 Sep 2002 22:20:08 -0600

alvaro,

I went nutz trying to get my system to print. It would hit the spooler
and just sit there dor hours and then just print garbage.

Make sure that your driver files in /usr/share/cups/model are set to
owner root:root permissions 755.

After that change it works flawlessly (except for a paper jam)..So far
theres no HAVE_PAPER_JAM environment varialbe to set to 0, but I keep
looking :)

Regards,

Bearcat