sm-admin - [SM-Admin] Source Mage admin meeting - 07 March 2004, 1400 GMT

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: "Eric D. Schabell M.Sc." <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Admin] Source Mage admin meeting - 07 March 2004, 1400 GMT
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:31:55 +0100

Howdy all,

On Sunday, 07 March 2004 at 1400 GMT I will be holding my last Source Mage
admin meeting as Project Lead.

I will start the admin meeting this Sunday by announcing who the new Project
Lead will be, pass the Staff of Power over to him/her and resign my position
effective immediately.

In the last few months there has been some decisions made behind the scenes
which involved the Team Leads and myself to appoint a replacement. The
replacement has been informed, has agreed and is ready to take charge.

Further changes will be announced by him/her at the meeting so I would
request
as many of the developers as possible to make this meeting. There will most
likely be a need for some decision making that is easier to facilitate with
live voices than with mailinglist voting.

I am not quitting due to lack of interest. I have been doing this for over a
year now and believe it is time to allow others to rise from the ranks. This
is not a project that stagnate due to lack of dynamic leadership, so I hope
to achieve with this move. Furthermore, I will be starting a new job as of 01
April 2004 (really, no joke) and I am expecting my first child at the end of
June 2004, so there is a need to take a step back due to oncoming time
constraints.

I have enjoyed working with you all, hope to continue working on Source Mage
(no I am not leaving) and one day hope to live to see the 1.0 release happen.

--
/**
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.

PS. Normally I would be available on irc for comments and such, but I am
currently in bed with the flu (for the last three days). So if you have
comments or need of me, you will need to email me. I try to check my mail
once a day. Thanks for your understanding.