sm-admin - Re: [SM-Admin] 0.9.0 ISO for x86 released !

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Admin] 0.9.0 ISO for x86 released !
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 12:22:09 +1100

The ramdisk loaded by isolinux is corrupted, this release is primarily only
installable on IDE systems. This should soon be noted as a problem in the
download directory by someone with write access. (I don't have that access)

If Laurent wants to inform us of which other drivers have been statically
builtin this statement can be qualified or altered. I emailed him, and filed
a bug for this yesterday. He should respond soon with an estimation of how
long it will take him to fix this and when the new release will be uploaded.

Until then, apologies to anyone already having trouble with this release and
also to users with specific hardware module requirements.

Hamish

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:46, Laurent Wandrebeck wrote:
> Howdy all you SMGLers !
> 1st ISO on time according to the deadline for a while :)
>
> Here is the Changelog:
>
> * Released on 2004/01/30
> * Sorcery 1.7.5
> * Stable grimoire (20040128)
> * Linux 2.4.24 with XFS patches
> * You can now choose your system logger (sysklogd,metalog,syslog-ng)
> * Added root password choice at the end of installation (quick'n'dirty)
> * CPU selection for compilation optimization now works
> * Many modules available - don't forget to recompile if scsi is needed to
> boot
> * Marled swapfile creation as optional
> * swapfile now defaults to /.swapfile
> * Cleaner base system after install (less unused spells installed)
> * added entries for cdrom and floppy in /etc/fstab (/mnt/floppy and
> /mnt/cdrom)
> * ISO size: 200 MB. Packed ISO size: 139 MB. MD5 files provided for .iso
> and .iso.bz2
> * feedback needed on raid, wireless, pcmcia. tools present, no menu (yet)
>
> iso available at
> http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/smgl-0.9.0-i386.iso.bz2
> md5 available at
> http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/smgl-0.9.0-i386.iso.bz2.md5
> and
> http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/smgl-0.9.0-i386.iso.md5
>
> Enjoy !
> Please report problems on bugs.sourcemage.org

- --
IRC nick: drmoriarty
SMGL co-conspirator
# Do You SMGL!?
# http://www.sourcemage.org/
# Linux so advanced it may as well be magic!
ANTI-SPAM WARNING: I delete any html message from my server without reading
Please use text only