sm-admin - [SM-Admin] Perforce server problems

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Tony Smith <tony AT perforce.com>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Admin] Perforce server problems
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:11:38 +0000

You may have noticed that there have been a few problems with the Perforce
server of late. I'm seeing kernel oops's and various other errors that make
it look like the hardware's not behaving well. I think I may need to cough
up and buy a new hard drive for the box.

Today I've had to do some surgery on the Perforce repository files as they
got
hit by some disk problems (lots of nulls and bad blocks in the middle of
files). If you notice anything screwey on your workspace try reverting all
your open files (take a copy of your work in progress first!) and then resync
your client by running a "p4 sync"; then use "p4 edit" to reopen all the
files you were working on and copy your backed up files back into place.

Apologies for the loss of service.

Tony

  • [SM-Admin] Perforce server problems, Tony Smith, 01/08/2004