sm-admin - [SM-Admin] Re: Admin meeting

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: "Source Mage - Admin List" <sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Admin] Re: Admin meeting
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:40:10 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Due to my Internet being non-existent this coming Sunday, I will most
likely not be able to attend the meeting. :(

I only have a few pressing items:
1. init.d system: Is it being worked on? If so, ETA?
2. INSTALL_ROOT: Is it really necessary and/or helpful? If so, Rob has
offered to take care of this for the unmaintained sections, but he is
currently busy with the OO spell (when he asked, I told him having a
working OO is more important that INSTALL_ROOT), if we could find other
volunteers to take this on, that would be great.
3. Mathieu Lubrano's LICENSE RFC has some good points, but seems to repeat
what I thought we were already doing (not a bad thing)
4. Moving common hacks to sorcery (much as sedit has made it in, and
libcvs, etc.)
5. optional_requires should be in sorcery
6. OpenOffice spell (OO) is in bad shape and Joel doesn't have the time to
fix it, but Rob Verkuylen has offered to help out on this (he's been doing
general fixups for me lately :))
7. We need more gurus! If anyone knows someone whom would like to help,
have them contact me. We currently have 6 sections unmaintained: chat,
cluster, graphics, science, and x11 (plus mobile and utils as I haven't
heard from Jeff in a while...). Again, I've had some help with these
sections, but a dedicated guru to them would be nice.
8. Once all sections are being maintained, I'd like for each section to
have a dedicated guru (one that is not maintaining any other sections and
is not the Lead of any other group (ISO, Security, etc.)), but this is
more a long-term goal as I don't see us having that many gurus just yet.
Anyone can be an "Assistant" for a section, even a lead of another section
and/or group, though I'd prefere to limit this to 3 sections/groups that a
guru is assisting in.
9. I would like to again reiterate that the unmaintained sections or open
for any guru to help maintain in their spare time. :)

Thoughts?

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61

  • [SM-Admin] Re: Admin meeting, Eric Sandall, 05/29/2003