sm-admin - Re: [SM-Admin] CVS Server

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Joost van Baal <j.e.vanbaal AT uvt.nl>
  • To: SMGL Admin List <sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Admin] CVS Server
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:08:24 +0200

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:04:34PM +0200, Eric Schabell wrote:

> > On Wednesday May 7 2003 19:42, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > About the CVS server...
> >
> > There are other options, such as savannah.gnu.org and sourceforge.net. We
> > used to have an account on savannah for SGL, but gave that to Kyle. We
> > could open a new one.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> Been there, done that... we left as the support was awful... remember
> endlessly locked files from developers that left????
>
> I think the wait is worth it... and if you all ahve better suggestions or
> offers I am all ears... Sergey mentioned maybe offering subversion at his
> work??? I just want a REAL solution, not one hosted by one of our
> developers... so if you leave the project, the repository stays... that is
> the Computer Center in Tilburg, NL's.

First draft of Fair Use Policy: http://banach.uvt.nl/fup.txt . I'm sure
the server will be here, soon. If I haven't got the hardware at may 16,
I'll start wining very loudly, and look for other fysical boxen even
harder than I've done up to now.

Believe me, I'm annoyed as much by this as the SMGL'ers are...

Bye,

Joost

--
Joost van Baal