sm-admin - Re: [SM-Admin] Re: [SM-Discuss] FW: [muxmpm] OT: (urgent) EU petition against software patents

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: <sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Admin] Re: [SM-Discuss] FW: [muxmpm] OT: (urgent) EU petition against software patents
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 23:57:26 -0800 (PST)

Eric Schabell said:
> Hello,
>
> I don't think that we should mess too much in the political side of
> things as a statement from the Source Mage Team itself... thoughts?
>
> Eric Schabell
> Project Lead

Correct. SMGL as an entity should stay out of non-SMGL related politics
as much as possible, as that is not our goal and wastes energy. However,
individual developers/users should be allowed to express their opinion in
any form as long as they make it known that their views represent not
those of SMGL (only if there is reason to believe they would, as example
my e-mails all contain a link to SMGL, so I should make sure, whereas
others have no reference to SMGL in theirs, and so need not worry overly
much).

Posting to the SMGL lists/forums should be kept to a minimum, and if
discussion is wanted by developers/users, please use #smgl-politics on
irc.freenode.net. :)

And no, I'm not requesting that all postings have something like the
following, "The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not
represent those of Source Mage GNU/Linux". I'd prefere it if all opinions
are expressed as such and as personal ones and to avoid anyone saying,
"Well, we at SMGL believe <yadda>".

I have not seen any such problem, and #smgl-politics has been a good
outlet for these kinds of discussions. :)

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61