sm-admin - [SM-Admin] SMGL Developers - CVS server begining to look like a reality!

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: jrocha AT sourcemage.org
  • Cc: tsmith AT sourcemage.org
  • Subject: [SM-Admin] SMGL Developers - CVS server begining to look like a reality!
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:30:40 +0100

Howdy all!

First off I would like to introduce Joost van Baal, he will be posting to
this
list with cvs information to get us setup on our new hosted server in the
Computer Center, Tilburg, the Netherlands! (Justin, please make sure he can
post here? He should have an account already on this list.)

He will also be appearing to ask questions of you on #sourcemage as
"joostvb",
so help him out everyone! ;-) Either Joost or I will post more info as this
gets closer to completion and ready for use.

The CVS will be approx. the same setup as with the previous CVS, one Sorcery
code tree (Devel Sorcery) and one Grimoire code tree (Devel Grimoire). Code
syncing will be re-activated and the rest of our deployment of tarballs will
then remain unchanged.

To prepare for the setup of this box Joost needs information from all users
needing access. He has made a request that the following be submitted by each
and every developer that wishes to use CVS for either Sorcery or Grimoire
development:

1. An email message from this user, sent to j.e.vanbaal AT uvt.nl, PGP signed,
with a PGP key belonging to this person. The key should be properly
signed by a reasonable amount of other people. The email message should
hold:

- - an OpenSSH v2 public key (either rsa or dsa). The private key belonging
it should be stored on a properly administered machine. It should be stored
on one machine only. The private SSH key should be available to this person
only.

- - prefered user name
- - prefered login shell
- - full real name
- - if possible, each person should access brouwer from one (or at most 3)
fixed
IP. If this is possible, this IP adress should be listed.

(Tony, there will be a user shell account created to facilitate your sync
scripts)

Ok, that about does it for now... if you all would be so kind as to get this
done asap so Joost will not have to wait on us.

For those interested, and I know you are, the box specs in short:

Its a dual CPU (350Mhz), with 384 MB RAM, and about 34 GB diskspace,
with a raid controller. The connection is big, so now network concerns here.

Looks like this is about to happen in the near future, we are almost back on
track! Thanks to Joost in advanced for his work and to all the developers out
there that have had to suffer w/o CVS for the past few months.... the pain is
almost over! ;-)

- --
/*
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.