sm-admin - [SM-Admin] Mirroring software?

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Admin] Mirroring software?
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:59:22 +0100

Howdy all,

I would like to start by thanking our web team's two newest members, Eric
Womack and Seth Wooley, both who have take the time to create an update
system to fill our mirror with the sources from both the Test and Devel
Grimoire's (see below).

I have no idea what the condition is with sorcery's use of the fall back
mirror, but would like to see it using the below disucussed mirroring as soon
as is possible.

Now it is up to the sorcery team to make a move and add this where needed.

As a small help in the matters I wanted to update the following file in cvs:

sorcery/etc/sorcery/config

to change the line:

< out > FALLBACK_URL=http://download.sourcemage.org/mirror
< in > FALLBACK_URL=http://download.sourcemage.org/mirror/test

But I have no write access to this cvs.... (I know, I promised not to code,
but I have never contributed to sorcery and wanted to have a small entry in
the changelog!)

PS. I did read the coding guidelines and procedures that the sorcery team
used
on the wiki! ;-)

If one of the sorcery team would see to this I would be a really happy
camper...

Thanks in advance,

--
/*
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.

> On Friday January 3 2003 18:46, Eric Womack wrote:
>
> I am uploading the sources to:
>
> http://download.sourcemage.com/mirror/devel
>
> Seth is doing:
>
> http://download.sourcemage.com/mirror/test
>
> In the standard config file, could:
>
> FALLBACK_URL=http://download.sourcemage.org/mirror
>
> Be replaced with:
>
> FALLBACK_URL[0]=http://download.sourcemage.org/mirror/devel
> FALLBACK_URL[1]=http://download.sourcemage.org/mirror/test
> FALLBACK_URL[2]=http://download.sourcemage.org/mirror/stable
>
> And have sorcery/summon scan through these when the sources in DETAILS
> fail?

  • [SM-Admin] Mirroring software?, Eric Schabell, 01/04/2003