seranet - Re: [SN] SERAnet Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1

seranet AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Socially and Ecologically Responsible Agriculture Network

  • From: Socially and Ecologically Responsible Agriculture Network <seranet AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: seranet AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SN] SERAnet Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:44:25 -0800

Lawrence,

On 11/23/2010 10:24 AM, seranet-request AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
1. Hello from Venaura Farm, oermaculture site and sustainable market
gardens
(Socially and Ecologically Responsible Agriculture Network)

"Let the people and government respect the rights of others. Among individuals as
among nations, respect for the rights of others brings peace."

I really like these statements. It applies perfectly to the times we are in
now and speaks volumes.

Advice as good today as it was then.

Certainly I agree: well said. It's an important point.

But quite frankly, and do forgive me for mentioning it, since I've been the victim of your not respecting my rights-- you terminated my membership in another ibiblio forum for the apparent crime of quite calmly and rather politely disagreeing with you about SeedSavers, if you recall-- I find your comments fairly ironic.

I assume if you moderate this forum as well that this message will not show up, and/or that after it does, I will no longer be subscribed to it.

So be it. I will accept that as the price of speaking truth to power, although it's a pretty small truth and after all it's not really much power. And alternatively, by the way, because right's right and wrong's wrong, if you moderate the forum and neither of those things occurs, then I will apologize for my incorrect assumption. Are you the moderator?

To any others listening, my apologies for mentioning the issue-- after all, it might easily be seen as a personal matter-- but I and new to the list and want to find out early on what the ground rules are. In my view, if I cannot speak in a manner that balances the requisites of frank discussion with truthfulness and respect, there's no point in my being here.

d.
--
David William House
"The Complete Biogas Handbook" |www.completebiogas.com|

"Make no search for water. But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in /Delight of Hearts/, p. 77)

http://bahai.us/