seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Help for Malawi

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: kevin dudley <forthillbootstompers@hotmail.co.uk>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Help for Malawi
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:13:07 +0000

Dont really know what the regs for bringing in seeds is they have had donations of O.P heritage seeds from  canadian seed savers!
Im sending them out apple rootstocks and scion wood and they managed to sort that out with the Malawi dept of Ag real fast!
The situation there seems to be quite bad as there are no seeds! The Lads who where drilling for water have managed to get hold of 6 acres of land which they hope to have local people growing plants to produce more seeds,rootstocks,etc!
I just thought if anyone could connect them up with people in their locality (central Africa) it might be of more benefit to them! Kevin