sc-announce - [sc-announce] Video from Berlin 5 now online - Science Commons blog

sc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Science Commons Announcements

  • From: Kaitlin Thaney <kaitlin AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: sc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [sc-announce] Video from Berlin 5 now online - Science Commons blog
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:22:41 -0500

http://sciencecommons.org/weblog/archives/2007/12/07/berlin5-video-now-online/

Video from Berlin 5 now online

December 7th, 2007 by Kaitlin Thaney

Photos and video from Berlin 5 Open Access conference are now online. The event was held in Padova, Italy this past September.

If you watch nothing else, I’d recommend watching the closing session of the conference.

Alma Swan takes on the task of the closing session, weaving together beautifully the main points touched on over the course of the event, ending on a positive note. She begins with a brief refresher on OA before delving into the meat of the session: strategies and tactics for Open Access. In this, she asks the ever important question, ” Can we make them work?” (Part 1, Part 2)

There are so many clips to recommend, covering a wide spectrum in terms of topic, but others to note: Peter Murray-Rust on Open Data, Ilaria Capua’s tale of her own “access” issues and Salvatore Mele on CERN’s new project, SCOAP3.

Looking for more information about the sessions? I blogged a short run down of the event, as did Peter Murray-Rust (in much more detail). Abstracts can also be found on the conference Web site.

Kaitlin Thaney
Project Manager
Science Commons
http://sciencecommons.org
kaitlin AT creativecommons.org

  • [sc-announce] Video from Berlin 5 now online - Science Commons blog, Kaitlin Thaney, 12/07/2007