rarefruit - [RareFruitIbib] Requesting articles for Fruitipedia

rarefruit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: A list for people who research, grow and love rare fruit. Focus on tropical/subtropical fruits: their identification, botany, preservation, and culture.

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd AT dataone.in>
  • To: rarefruit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [RareFruitIbib] Requesting articles for Fruitipedia
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:51:58 +0530

Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that today Fruitipedia has completed FOUR YEARS of its existence. It contains information on 432 fruits. More chapters are being added every month.
This website has been visited by 986,411 persons till today.

My dream is that Fruitipedia should have chapters on ALL EDIBLE FRUITS OF THE WORLD which are estimated to be 4500. It is a stupendous task and may not be possible to finish single handed by a 73 years old person during his life time.

Articles have been coming from others too but not that much.

So I request all of you to help me building Fruitipedia by contributing articles. As I have been telling earlier too, we DO NOT REQUIRE SCHOLARLY articles. These should just contain basic introductory information and the USP if there is any.

The contributors may also send their name, address, phone number and picture which shall be published alongwith each article.

Thanking you in anticipation and hoping for articles.

Very truly yours,

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi HP 175001, India
01905-222810; 094181-81323
www.fruitipedia.com

  • [RareFruitIbib] Requesting articles for Fruitipedia, Dr. Chiranjit Parmar, 05/16/2012