rarefruit - Re: [RareFruitIbib] Miracle fruit seed germination - advice sought.

rarefruit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: A list for people who research, grow and love rare fruit. Focus on tropical/subtropical fruits: their identification, botany, preservation, and culture.

  • From: Ron Couch <fg AT crfg.org>
  • To: "A list for people who research, grow and love rare fruit. Focus on tropical/subtropical fruits: their identification, botany, preservation, and culture." <rarefruit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: John Panzarella <jpanza AT swbell.net>
  • Subject: Re: [RareFruitIbib] Miracle fruit seed germination - advice sought.
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:33:08 -0500

Dear Dr. Parmar,

I ran across this old e-mail note today, and could not find any evidence that I ever replied or otherwise took action on it. I don't often respond to list mail because I get quite a lot of it at times and it would add to the volume of e-mail replies that I must deal with. But today I wondered whether anyone ever responded to you with advice on germinating miracle fruit seeds. More important, did you realize any success at it? One person I know who has had mixed results experimenting with miracle fruit seed germination is John Panzarella of Lake Jackson, Texas. I'm sending him a copy of this note so that you and he can correspond directly.

Also, this afternoon I was browsing files of possible articles and found another note of yours among those--a note that had been forwarded to me by Richard Ashton. The topic was red guavas with white flesh. I was interested in knowing more about this at the time that I received it, but my mother had passed away only a couple of days earlier, so I was not at my best in terms of looking after matters that needed attention. The upshot is that I failed to file it properly. Richard also sent me three small photos embedded in a text document, which I still have (they are attached). This all caused me to wonder whether you might have developed an article about these unusual guavas or, if you have not, whether you might consider doing so.

Please give me your thoughts at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Ron Couch, Editor
Fruit Gardener magazine

California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.