poly-p-ux - [Poly-p-ux] Peagle

poly-p-ux AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Álvaro Miguel Morais <alvarommorais AT gmail.com>
  • To: poly-p-ux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Poly-p-ux] Peagle
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:45:27 +0100

Hi.
II've managed to find out the C++ initiated version of peage(temporary
name) package manager.

I remember that it has a md5 hash calculator(not my code), but since
the package manager will have to be light I'm thinking in another way
of calculation hash(more light). Maybe the file serial number or some
light crc calculation.

The hash calculator is important to future integrity check of the
files, and not for for package verification.

Also, I'm thinking in a new approach for the programming, since this
is a liught distro, possibly being installed in a low memory computer,
but I will have to make some test since the total name files of a
package doesn't use a lot of memory and memory vs disk access always
win.

I'm having problems with my Internet connection since I've moved in
this house a few days ago and I don't have my own Internet yet.

I've attached the zipped Peagle(it's pretty lame yet).

  • [Poly-p-ux] Peagle, Álvaro Miguel Morais, 04/19/2009