pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 56, Issue 3

  • From: "Horak, David" <DavidHorak@bbg.org>
  • To: "'pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org'" <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 56, Issue 3
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:15:01 -0400

Actually, regia was described by Willibald Königer (in Selbyana 5: 296
(1981)) and scobina by Luer in 1980, which is to say that if they are one
species it would likely become scobina by priority. That would actually be
kind of sad as I've always enjoyed the image the name "regia" conveys in my
mind.

Dave

Message: 2