pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Restrepia chocoensis and Trisetella regia

  • From: "Horak, David" <DavidHorak@bbg.org>
  • To: "pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org" <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Restrepia chocoensis and Trisetella regia
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:35:46 -0400

There hasn’t been any action on the list in a while so, perhaps someone can help with a couple of questions:

1 - Restrepia chocoensis was known from a single collection for a very long time and – as I understand it – self infertile; I know that a second plant  was purportedly found some time in the recent past. Does anyone know when the second plant was found; if there have been any successful outcrosses with the original, and if so are progeny now available?

2 - What are the morphological distinctions between Trisetella regia and scobina? I do not have access to the green books and am curious.

Dave Horak