pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Pleurothallis colossus

  • From: William Pinnix <bill@sealrockorchids.com>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Pleurothallis colossus
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:48:08 -0800

Hello, I'm back in the pleurothallid alliance after a 10 year hiatus....focusing on my fish biologist career, but growing orchids silently in the background. I've recently become enthralled by the big leaf pleurothallids.

I have quite a few, but really would love to get Pleurothallis colossus. I'm trying to get one from Columbia in February, but we'll see. If anyone knows of a source or has a piece for sale or trade, I'd love to chat.

On a related note, I have a Pleurothallis pregrande (spelled just that way) I believe it came from Orquideas del Valle. I can find no information on this species. Orchid species.com lists a praegrandis as a synonym of colossus....I honestly haven't had mine long enough to see flowers or if it will assume 'colossus' proportions. Does anyone else have experience with this species (colossus or pregrande).

Glad to be back, Bill Pinnix