pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Hello

  • From: chris ehrler <chrisehrler@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Hello
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

Forrest,

My name is Chris and I also grow a number of pleurothallids in coastal CA, and I am interested in knowing where you live. I live in Grover Beach which is near Pismo Beach. Are you close by?

Chris

Forrest Murray <Forrest.Murray@One82.com> wrote:
Hello everyone.

My name is Forrest. I hope everyone is doing well. I just thought I would drop a line to introduce myself since I am new to the group.

I live in the United States in Coastal California. I have a small hobby greenhouse where I grow mainly Pleurothallis and allies as well as Bulbophyllum. I have done what is probably very common among enthusiasts which is when I started off growing orchids years ago I was very attracted to the large and bold plants and flowers. As my addicti, er, *cough* collection grew, space became more and more of a premium. Then I was introduced to the world of miniatures and the bizarre (read awesome) orchids of the Pleurothallid Alliance. I was immediately smitten and have been busy learning as much as I could ever since. Now my collection is made up of primarily pleuro alliance species with the rest being Bulbophyllum or other odd species. My greenhouse is I to I/C. I also grow some stuff outdoors year round such as a few Mexican Laelias and some Masdevallia species.

Well, I think that is all for now. I look forward to talking with all of you.

Cheers.

-Forrest