pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 1

  • From: Goldorchid@aol.com
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 1
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 21:12:39 EDT

Hey all,
My erothrochete is hanging in, but the spikes are growing slowly & the buds are small. The  bellas' spikes are growing quickly & I have always blasted them in the house for lack of humidity at the last stages of opening...
Temps. here are moderate for now( 80 days-60 nights) but, OF COURSE, are going into the 90's when I have to go to Chicago for judging this weekend! I have lost more plants in July at our semi-annual meeting in 3 days than I kill all year when I'm home! I hose things off 3X/ day outside but Terry is really busy this time of year too & now KNOWS that they need evaporative cooling when the temp & humidity are both in the 90's. He uses the cool water from the hose liberally now while I'm gone & I hope things survive my road trip...
I also have 3 unidentified Ecuadoran plants blooming that I need to try to get to Dr. Luer this week before I go & haven't even had the time to do the research in the Icones- off to that now-
regards.
Kathy

  • Re: [pleurothallid-l] pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 1, Goldorchid, 07/05/2005