pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Re: Masdevallias (Ron Maunder)

  • From: Ederer Thomas <thomas.ederer@siemens.com>
  • To: "'pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org'" <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Re: Masdevallias (Ron Maunder)
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:19:00 +0100

Title: Re: Masdevallias (Ron Maunder)

Hi Ron

Nice to hear you. I do not have many plants because of my limited space at home. At the moment my Masd. strobelii and glandulosa start flowering and I will try to pollinate them. Last year I flasked some strobelii seeds and they germinated very fast but stopped growing after a few weeks. They did not do anything for a few months and now they started to produce some tiny leaves (very slow). I use for seed sowing Sigma P6668 (equal to Phytotechlab P668) and for replating I add 10% coconutwater. For most tropical orchids this media works great.

Which media do you use for flasking Masdevallias ?

Cheers

Thomas

  • [pleurothallid-l] Re: Masdevallias (Ron Maunder), Ederer Thomas, 12/09/2004