pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Re: fogger

  • From: Goldorchid@aol.com
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Re: fogger
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:10:00 EDT

Hi Adriana
   I'm just bringing everything back in the house now & wouldn't you know, my timer got blown out in a storm this summer & I didn't know it 'til Thur.! I never wrote it down somewhere so now I have to start all over againt oo.
   I know for sure I set to go on for a while when the lights are coming on & i know for sure I had it timed to quit for the day about an hour before the lights went off at night. I honestly can't remember the exact intervals 'cause the timer stayed on for 2 years even if the fogger did not(I know-dumb)
   I know it was a programable timer with 10 or 14 settings / day that I got at Radio Shack (will be going there again tomorrow) & that I experimented with the intervals while I was home to keep an eye on it using 2 digital, min. max.,temp & humidity things also from Radio Shack.15mn on 1 hr off thru the course of the day is what I'm going to try first.
   I'm growing the Lepanthes etc. in a 2x4' homemade orchidarium with 4 flour. lights & 2 'computer" fans & bought a cheap aquarium bubble stone to get me thru being gone for 2 days...
   How big is your case?
   How much humidity do you want?
Too be  continued...
Kathy in MN, just back from WI   (I wish it was the West Indies...)

  • [pleurothallid-l] Re: fogger, Goldorchid, 09/20/2003