pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Michael

  • From: Goldorchid@aol.com
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Michael
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:54:53 EDT

I wanna be a tiny person in your garden- if the frogs won't kill me...
Seriously, this list was started by a bunch of crazy, busy, tiny orchid loving people & a daily answer is impossible at certain times of year(Orchid shows every weekend- jobs-etc).
We're here, we're just old & slow...
If you are growing orchids in a terrarium setting "fresh, humid, bouyant air" is what you need to get working &  muffin/boxer fans are important. The critters might like it too.
So are the water features/humidifiers you are talking about. Also the QUALITY of the H2O is important for the plants you want to grow & probably more so for the critters. Tap is not so hot in most areas- RO & rain have + & -.
   I'm sorry if you already told us about why you are into Pleuros. but I would love to hear(again) what you are trying to do with your set up. How big is it, what do you grow-animal/vegetable/algal & moss.
It helps some of us to recommend plants...
Kathy in MN