pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Re: pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 4, new member

  • From: leo.schordje@degussa.com
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Re: pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 4, new member
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:42:06 -0400

Hello Everybody
My name is Leo Schordje and I've just joined this group at Kathy's
suggestion. I am only a casual Pleurothallid grower. I only have a dozen.
Most of my collection belongs to the groups that maybe aren't really
orchids, the Paphs and Phrags. But eventually I do want to learn about real
orchids. I have a question. Any tips on growing a Masdevallia datura under
lights? I picked one up October 2002. So far so good, initially lost a
couple leaves, then it bloomed on a 4 growth plant, now it has added a leaf
or two. It is growing rather slow. What are the ideals I should shoot for?
Thanks