permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Pioneer, Scott Pittman passed away peacefully, surrounded by family

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Larry Santoyo <l.santoyodesigns@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Pioneer, Scott Pittman passed away peacefully, surrounded by family
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 11:11:23 -0700

"Full heart of memories of our many adventures"
Farewell my friend...

*Willard "Scott" Pittman 03/23/1940-07/31/2022It is with a heavy heart that
we share news of the passing of the Permaculture Institute's Scott Pittman
on 7/31/2022. He touched so many of us over many decades by consistently
sharing the deep wisdom of nature and how we properly develop our places in
it. Scott co-founded the Permaculture Institute Inc. with Bill Mollison in
1996, and carried Permaculture throughout the world, always polishing it,
refining it, and developing the lenses and frameworks further, which
frequently meant looking to Permaculture's roots by sharing lessons he
learned from traditional ecosystem-based people around the world. Scott
received wisdom and gave wisdom, over and over. He was a true guardian of
the planet and steward of her insight. Almost none have given as much to
the Permaculture Design field than Scott Pittman. Permaculture is a
lineage, and we can say for sure that Scott is situated at the canopy of
the Permaculture family tree. Whether you knew him personally, learned with
him directly, or are just encountering Permaculture recently, take a moment
and acknowledge Scott as one of your ecological ancestors. He lives on in
all of us. May we be so dedicated to the earth and each other as he was.
Rest in peace, dear Scott. Permaculture InstituteJuly 31 at 5:40 AM · *

*Larry Santoyo*
*• Senior Planner **Earthflow Designs*
*• Programs Director, The Permaculture Academy*
*• Lecturer, The College of Environmental Design*
* California State Polytechnic University | Pomona*
(310) 383-5495