permaculture - [permaculture] Drax: Don't Burn Canada’s Old Growth Forests for Electricity | Stand.earth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Drax: Don't Burn Canada’s Old Growth Forests for Electricity | Stand.earth
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 04:23:08 -0700

Drax: Don't Burn Canada’s Old Growth Forests for Electricity | Stand.earth
https://www.stand.earth/latest/forest-conservation/forests-and-wood-pellets/drax-dont-burn-canada%E2%80%99s-old-growth-forests

That they would even consider doing anything like that. The (too) radical
Earth First are holy saints compared to these criminal Earth destroyers.

Drax: Don't Burn Canada’s Old Growth Forests for Electricity
*"UK residents may be shocked to learn that their power is being generated
by burning some of the last stands of old and natural forests in British
Columbia, home to endangered wildlife like caribou and among the most
carbon-rich in the world—right up until they are clearcut to make wood
pellets,” said **Tegan Hansen, Forest Campaigner, Stand.earth**.* *“In no
world is this acceptable, and to be growing this sector during a global
climate crisis is horrifying. Old growth forests in BC are nearly gone, and
the provincial government campaigned on a commitment to protect old forests
while pursuing a paradigm shift for forestry. We were promised a new future
for forests, but allowing them instead to be clearcut and shipped overseas
to be burned in coal converted plants is medieval. People living in the UK
and Canada must come together to oppose this industry and support real,
clean renewable energy that protects forests and our climate.*"

There is no way this is even remotely believable.
I can imagine Toby Hememway's reaction and I am sure Scott, as I, are
eating nail sandwiches in rage and disgust.

  • [permaculture] Drax: Don't Burn Canada’s Old Growth Forests for Electricity | Stand.earth, Lawrence London, 11/02/2021