permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Is anyone still reading this list?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Is anyone still reading this list?
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 23:27:50 -0700

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 10:08 PM Michael Pilarski via permaculture <
permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Hi Lawrence,
> I haven't seen anything from you in my emails in awhile. I read posts
> from you off and on and would do so again. I am still involved in
> permaculture up to my eyeballs.

Wonderful, Michael! That is real encouragement that the movement is still
very much alive and continuing to move forward.

I am a believer of another order in Permaculture. Mollison's statement that
the only limit to a permaculture design is the imagination of the designer
really turned me on. He was way ahead of his time.

Most of you in this list that I heard from over the years are actively
involved in the Permaculture movement as PDC instructors, consultants,
authors, gathering/convocation organizers and of course practitioners. My
activities were mostly related to communications resources and archive
building. I have done extensive work on my 6 acre farm property and will
post some photos of it from time to time. I did a lot of earthworks
building, ponds,
terraces, field leveling, big berm building and more.

Have you heard from Scott Pittman? He told me that he still reads this list
so Scott, if you are reading this post, let us hear from you!

LL

> Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski
> Permaculture - Wildcrafting - Medicinal Herbs & Seeds
>
> Friends of the Trees Society

Every tree seed that drops on the ground on my land sprouts and rapidly
grows to seedling stage and onto 4" caliper trees in no time:
ash
sycamore
cedar
pine
eleagnus
some mystery trees
sweetgum
I cut down several ashs that were full of seeds, thousands, most of them
germinated and I had an instant woodlot

PO Box 1133