permaculture - [permaculture] Polar Extremes | NOVA | PBS

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, sustagnet@googlegroups.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] Polar Extremes | NOVA | PBS
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 21:57:22 -0500

Polar Extremes | NOVA | PBS
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/polar-extremes/
Polar Extremes
Paleontologist Kirk Johnson explores the dynamic history—and future—of ice
at the poles
In this two-hour special, renowned paleontologist Kirk Johnson takes us on
an epic adventure through time at the polar extremes of our planet.
Following a trail of strange fossils found in all the wrong places—beech
trees in Antarctica, hippo-like mammals in the Arctic—Johnson uncovers the
bizarre history of the poles, from miles-high ice sheets to warm polar
forests teeming with life. What caused such dramatic changes at the ends of
the Earth? And what can the past reveal about our planet’s climate
today—and in the future? (Premiered February 5, 2020)

  • [permaculture] Polar Extremes | NOVA | PBS, Lawrence London, 02/05/2020