permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [pfaf] Plants for a Future

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [pfaf] Plants for a Future
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:19:36 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: PFAF pfaf@theferns.info [pfaf] <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 2:19 PM
Subject: [pfaf] Plants for a Future
To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>

Dear Friends,

In 1989, Ken and Addy Fern purchased a 28 acre agricultural field
comprising barley stubble and very little else. The Field had no tree
shelter and, being just 2 miles from the south Cornish coast, was very
exposed to the strong, salt-laden winds. On this land, the whole concept of
Plants for a Future was born and, in the almost 30 years since that time,
the land has been totally transformed into sheltered and very productive
woodland gardens and woodland.

As well as transforming the land, we have also worked to make the
information on plants more widely available and have developed two
databases, one of tropical plants and one of temperate plants. These
databases hold information on over 20,000 species of plants, all of which
is made freely available on our website, because we believe that
information empowers people, and therefore should be freely available. See
www.theferns.info

Over the years we have had many visitors to our site, who have learned
about the project and taken this information away with them, often to put
it into practice on their own land.

We have reached a point where we really need to improve facilities here in
order to be able to spread this message to even more people. To this end,
we are running a Crowdfunding campaign in order to raise the money to do
this.For more information on this, please see our leaflet
http://theferns.info/files/crowdfunder_leaflet_lowres.pdf

Can you help us? We are asking people, where possible, to make a donation
and, just as importantly, to spread the message to all their contacts so
that more people can hear of our appeal. You can do this by visiting our
Crowdfunder page - see https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/plants-for-a-future
<https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/plants-for-a-future?tk=8329b5abda7e7691f5f9c67bcebe3e654a3f4763>

We also have a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pfafwoodland ) where
we will be updating developments on the crowdfunding appeal and we are
hoping to be able to spread the word as widely as possible. We were
wondering if you might be able to let your contacts know about our
campaign, and also if you could put a message of support on the Facebook
page.

If you can, please donate! We will be very grateful for any amount.

Thank-you very much.

Best Wishes

Addy & Ken Fern

Posted by: PFAF <pfaf@theferns.info>

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: [pfaf] Plants for a Future, Lawrence London, 11/25/2018